Carpe Diem!

Monday, August 18, 2008

early morning hues

The best thing to happen to you early in the morning
(if there’s any such thing, that is) is a sumptuous breakkie- eggs and bacon, melted butter on toast and pancakes and to wash this all off, a nice cold glass of orange juice. Well, atleast that’s that for me. Unless of course you wake up and find a hidden gift in your old bag.

So, I woke up day before yesterday, slightly dizzy from the over doing of the night before….really sickly and walked to my dressing room. I still don’t remember what I was looking for, but I know I was surprised when I dug into my bag and something random came out of it. Waking me up and replacing the pillow marks on my face with a smile. It was a small maroon coloured pouch, the kind our grandmothers used to keep jewellery in. inside it was a small green necklace and a note that worked better than a good early morning breakfast (the kind I mentioned earlier)!

My cuz had thoughtfully left me a gift that she’d bought from her first salary and after years she’d written me a note tht was so full of love…it made me feel so special.

So here’s to early morning surprise gifts that make ‘getting out of bed’ worthwhile.

posted by phantasmagoria at 4:08 AM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home