Thursday, March 08, 2007
Well, those who are used to traveling by train to or beyond Bandra, might be ok with that one. There is one section en route, where it seems like the whole city’s sewage unites.
God help you if you’re stuck next to some obese fisherwoman. Obviously FA is just too FA from her hygiene regimen!
Over the years I’ve realized that being a part of Bombay means being ok with
1) The stench of dry fish in Colaba
2) Women poking you in the train, as their paunch pushes you to the edge of the running train (and you secretly pray for your life)
3) Your cell getting lost anywhere, anytime.
4) Being ok with your washed and hung to dry clothes, not drying for days.
5) Walking into office with wet jeans, all folded way up till the knees and muck on/in your shoes.
6) Vada pao for dinner.
7) Celebrities craving for attention. (not everyone is lucky)
8) Holi day not looking really like 'Holi' day and Christmas day looking like... (well there's a whole month dedicated to that day.
9) People talking in their respective, very typical accents. (Wat men. this no, is no, really out of reach. you bugger. when you're goign for mass men? what this is?? and the famous 'Aavyo choo...' and a really loud... 'kai zalah?' 'shembood, shamboor... so on and so forth..)
10) people assuming you wil know Marathi. Even though it's not really IMP. to know it AT ALL.
11) Shahruck Khan is wow. (that might be appicable for most parts of teh country.)
12) Washing machines can't be put inside bathrooms, cause otherwise there is no room for peopel to bathe.
13) Colleges looking more or less like commercial buildings. And houses looking more or less like match boxes.
14) Roads getting dug up. All teh time.