Carpe Diem!

Thursday, May 28, 2009

Inspiring another comic. (that will hopefully take my world by storm)

Until recently, Unicorns and People (and Sea horses) were the few species that eluded comprehension in my mind. But now there’s a recent subject. It’s the Arcane Arachnid.
In the quiet of my bathroom, bored of the magazine in my hand, I was sitting and looking around. Counting tiles and observing why the blue is fading on some of them and not on the others. My eyes were curious to find something new that I may chance upon in the room, when I noticed a Spider trying to climb up the wall. And just then, without my permission a few thoughts came marching inside my head like an army. Full of inane questions. Something asked me if I’ve ever wondered whether Spiders are happy or downright miserable (not even sad). No one really cares about them much. Well, except for scientists, musicians (maybe), painters (not) and now more recently, me.
I mean did you ever wonder if Spiders can laugh, giggle or cry. Do they want to just curl up and die on some days? Do they have dinner parties behind your fridge in that rusty corner where you and your maid haven’t ever bothered to peek. Do Spiders love other Spiders?
Spiders have great potential of becoming legendary. They have of course, inspired one of the world’s greatest comic stories. But have you wondered how? Imagine, they don’t even make a sound and have still made so much noise in the world of comics. Spider man came out of a Spider and then overshadowed it with all his wondrous works (all of which is only fantasy in Stan Lee’s head). The teeny Spider kept spinning his web in the solitude of the dark, dingy, upswept corner of your house.
I want to announce that I’m going to start a comic strip and my hero will be the plain, simple, dark, unpopular, inspirational, neglected Spider. Without any frills. Just the way they are. Here they will of course not be climbing sky scrapers and rescuing bimbettes. They will not be taking out their masks and kissing girls, while they enjoy a head rush hanging upside down. Nor will they be wearing glasses and walking around like geeks in the day time. (As I write, I realize that I may be seriously ticking some people off here. So I’d like to pause here to say sorry with a radiant smile.) All I intend to do is to make them popular (in the small set of people who may support me because they’re my friends) by bringing out the other side of Spiders. A side that’s not sunny side up. Where they are as real as well, they aren’t. It will be based purely on what I think, they think; and you think, they think(in that order). Let’s wait and watch what really happens to this.
Who knows this will turn out to be big(er) one day. I propose to do this with a friend and still haven’t mentioned this plan to him. I hope the Spider manages to charm its way into our books.
posted by phantasmagoria at 3:10 AM

8 Comments:

Bravo. Whom are you taking writing classes from?

They're surely working :-)

I don't know about the 'comic' book, but ya, the post was fun!

3:48 AM  

hehhehe. Screw off. (and Thanks).

4:12 AM  

I think you have been bitten by a spider! Btw, "bigger", two g's. Nice post.

6:54 AM  

Arnold seems to be out Copy-Checking a lot these days!

7:01 AM  

Don't get all "advertising jokes" on me!

7:18 AM  

Fuckin hell dude...i am fllin in love the way u write...its just so fuckin awesome n intriguing....n love the subtle sense of humour...Rockstar! Truly wonderful...can i be in the marketing team of this plan??

3:52 AM  

Next time you see a spider with your two peepers on ur bathroom tile- remember he too is watching you with his 8!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I like the thought of them having a midnight feast behind your fridge THEY DESERVE IT/add some wine to the feast —maybe u could join in if ur lonely!!
Comic strip?!!!!!! Get it on!!

4:07 AM  

ehhehe sure. sounds like good company for dinner.

4:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home